Monday, February 1, 2010

The end of last week, Thursday and Friday were pretty uneventful. I went to Dr Bernstein on Friday afternoon and weighed in at 201.0, thats up 1.3 pounds from Wednesday but it was mid-afternoon so I'd eaten and drank water and was expecting to be up a pound or two. On Friday afternoon I managed to put together a few hours without coughing when Rob and I went to see The Edge of Darkness. It was a pretty good movie. Lots of action to keep Rob entertained and intelligent enough to confuse me, pretty standard.

Saturday Rob and I ventured out to PetsMart where we passed the time watching dogs get hair cuts and visiting with the cats up for adoption. So cute! We also went to Chapters where I had to sit down a number of times because I was dizzy. I can't even manage a few errands without resting! This is rediculous. Saturday was also Hockey Day in Canada so Rob and I watched the Canucks beat the Leafs 5-3 after being down 3-0.

Monday I weighed in at 198.2 pounds. My lowest weight yet! I learned that edamame is allowed on my diet and I knew I only had one package in my freezer so I went to Costco to stock up. While there, I ran into one of my bosses. I dont know why but I'm pretty concerned that people at work think I'm making this whole thing up. For example, I had the flu in November about a week before I went to Mexico. I'd ventured into the office to check my email and one of the women in the office said to me, and I quote "Oh I was just saying to someone how convenient it is that you're off work sick right before you go on vacation!" I'd never had an issue with it before, but after hearing that, God only knows what people at the office say about others behind their back- and sometimes straight to their face! Ug, humanity! Anyways, back at Costco, I explained to my boss that the doc wants me off wotk until Feb 10th and that my biggest concern is the amount of coughing and that it makes me dizzy and that I have to sit down so I don't fall down. And THAT's why the doc doesn't want me back at work.

So anyways, I bought my edamame at Costco and got the heck outta there. I ate one package of edamame for lunch then had to run for the toilet. No, I'm not going to tell you about my excrament. I'm going to tell you that I puked up the edamame, yuk! And I'm not blaming the edamame; they were perfectly innocent. I don't think I was coughing before I puked either. I can't think of any reason for my little session. Oh well. But I think it's important to note that what I puked up was bright green, of course because it was only green soy beans, just like in the movies or in cartoons! I got a kick out of that :) After ridding my body of whatevertheheck that was, I felt weary and spent the rest of the afternoon in my usual place: on the couch. Boring!

1 comment:

Meg Baxter said...

argh! You must be so bored of being sick! I sure hope this week gets better for you,